Extended Development Center
An Extended Development Center, which is an extension of the client’s software engineering facility, is popular among clients, who are looking at long-term gains from their investments in research & development. This model ensures that the extended team works as an extension of the client’s team and provides resource flexibility, extensive scalability, cost and time efficiencies, cross trained resources and the ability to adjust to peak loads.
This model incorporates a pool of specialized, multi-disciplinary resources that are organized and managed by APTILabs to meet the client’s explicit business objectives. The team is trained for a particular client, while working from the APTILabs development center and goes to extra lengths to simulate processes to exacting standards as per the client’s requirements. The EDC model is usually applied in long-term partnerships with a significant amount of work. Importantly in complex projects, where it is not advisable to replace the developer during the project.
- Development resources are reserved for the customer at the volume required to perform regular development tasks. The customer has the flexibility of prioritizing work item schedules.
- The customer can manage outsourcing by objectives and timelines (i.e. agree with the outsourcing team what they attempt to achieve in the period ahead) and improve motivation and performance in the way.
- In most cases we notice reduced paperwork and approval cycle for projects or task initiation within the customer’s organization.
- The team builds a knowledge base about the customer’s business and about the developed software, thus becoming more effective and more sophisticated over time.
- The customer is entitled – on demand – to influence staffing decisions Utmost motivation and loyalty of the developers, who perceive themselves a part of the customer’s team, is reflected in the initiative, and high performance and quality services.
How it works
There are different ways on how you can set up an Extended Development Center.
You can start from a fixed-price project and evaluate our quality and management capabilities. Or you can start at a time & material basis and rate our performance. You can also cautiously grow a team starting at a minimum of one member.
We highly recommend our customers to focus on setting major objectives and deadlines, while entrusting APTILabs operational management. In this way, our customers achieve the maximum performance of their Extended Development Centers for the lowest in-house management effort and costs.
You can outsource an entire software production cycle to APTILabs or any one of the production processes: requirements specification, architecture design, development, testing, documentation and support. At APTILabs, you can use shared resources if there is no full-time workload for a project role, or supplement your team with time & material resources. Our managers keep the project efforts and deadlines very close to estimates on all the projects.
- Once we fully understand the scope of your requirements we will create a proposal for your review. If this is acceptable, we will begin the development.
- At the end of the development, you will have a time period to carry on an Acceptance procedure to try out and examine the quality of the developed software and other project deliverables.